If you have ever had a traditional crown placed, you may be all too familiar with the long and somewhat tedious process of having a temporary crown that you have to “baby” for weeks while you wait for your permanent crown to be made. At Claire Cho DDS, patients in the Aliso Viejo, CA area can skip the wait! We use CEREC same-day technology to take digital impressions of your mouth and then create natural-looking, durable, and highly functional porcelain crowns and other restorations – all in just one visit.
How do same-day crowns work?
To place a traditional crown, patients typically have to come in for at least two visits spaced weeks apart. In the first visit, the tooth is shaped and prepared for the crown, impressions are taken, and then a temporary crown is placed on the tooth. Then, the crown is made in an outside laboratory and the patient comes back into the office to have the crown placed once it is ready. With same-day CEREC crowns, all of this is done in just one trip to our office.
We begin by preparing your tooth like we would for a traditional crown, and then use advanced computer-aided design (CAD) software to take digital impressions of your tooth. Then, while you wait comfortably in the office—catching up on emails, reading a book, or even taking a quick nap—your CEREC crown is milled from a block of high-quality dental ceramic to precisely fit your tooth. Once it is ready, we bond the crown onto your tooth and you are free to go with your permanent restoration in place!
CEREC technology is loved by patients and dentists alike because it:
- Saves you time and stress: Today’s busy schedules make it difficult to find time for dental appointments; with CEREC technology, you only need to come in for one visit and you are done
- Creates a precise, perfect fit: Traditional putty impressions can be imprecise and lead to issues with fit in your final restoration; conversely, the digital impressions and CEREC fabrication process are extremely precise for a better fit and function
- Is durable: Your crown is made with advanced dental ceramics for a strong, durable, and long-lasting restoration
- Looks natural: We use color-matching technology to make your crown match your existing teeth so it fits in seamlessly with the rest of your smile
- Is versatile:While crowns are one of the most common restorations that we make using CEREC technology, it is not just limited to those—we can also use CEREC to create other restorations, from simple fillings to porcelain veneers
CEREC technology is just one of the many advanced technologies that we are equipped with at Claire Cho DDS. Our Aliso Viejo office serves patients from Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Laguna Woods, and neighboring communities. To benefit from the latest dental treatment advances and gentle, high-quality care, call us today at (949) 541-2529!