Is the Gummy Smile Treatment Cost Worth it?
When smiling, does a larger than proportionate amount of your gum tissue show above the upper teeth? You may have a gummy smile. Luckily, if you don’t like the look of your smile, Claire Cho DDS can fix your gummy smile, giving you a more uniform smile.
Causes of a gummy smile
Ever wondered why you have a gummy smile? There are several reasons for a gummy smile, but the most common include:
- Teeth issues: Your teeth may be tiny due to genetics or use. If your lower teeth become worn down, your upper teeth may correct the bite by erupting further down. When your teeth erupt further down, your gums follow suit since they are attached to your teeth. That results in a look where your teeth look smaller and your gums longer.
- Gum tissues: Poor oral hygiene, mouth breathing, and some medications may cause your gums to grow too far over the teeth.
- Lip issues: A hyperactive lip occurs when the lip muscles are too strong, pulling the lips up more than usual, revealing more gum tissue while smiling.
- Jaw issues: If you have an unusually longer upper jaw, an excessive amount of gum tissue will be conspicuous on both sides of the teeth when smiling.
After diagnosing the cause of your gummy smile, Dr. Claire Cho devises an appropriate treatment to fix your look.
How we treat a gummy smile
We offer crown lengthening or gum lift surgery to correct your gummy smile. This cosmetic or restorative treatment shapes your gum line to expose less gum tissue and more of the tooth.
The procedure is done under anesthesia, where Dr. Cho makes precise incisions to separate your gums from the teeth. Once we reshape the gum line, we sterilize the area, put sutures and a bandage to allow reattachment of the gums on the teeth. The result of the surgery is a symmetrical, beautiful smile.
Is the cost of a gummy smile treatment worth it?
To many people, treating a gummy smile is seen as more of a cosmetic improvement. That said, you may be unsure if the cost and time spent in fixing your gummy smile are worth it. To help you determine if you want to treat your gummy smile, consider the benefits below.
- A more balanced and aesthetically appealing smile
- Enhanced self-esteem and confidence
- Decreased risk of gum disease
- Treatment is minimally invasive
Schedule an Appointment
If you view gummy smile treatment as a long-term investment in feeling good about yourself, then the treatment is worth every penny.
Gummy Smile Surgery near me in Aliso Viejo, California
Would you like to get rid of your gummy smile? Please dial (949) 541-2529 to book an appointment with Claire Cho, DDS of Aliso Viejo, CA, for gummy smile treatment.