The Invisalign Treatment Process: What to Expect from Start to Finish
If you are looking for ways to straighten your teeth in Aliso Viejo, California, you can’t go wrong by choosing Claire Cho, DDS. We offer traditional braces, Six-Month Smiles, and Invisalign to resolve orthodontic issues in patients of all ages.
If you are an adult thinking about straightening your teeth, Invisalign could be the perfect solution. But what does it involve? Worry not. Dr. Claire Cho explains the Invisalign treatment process to help you know if it’s the right choice for you.
The Invisalign Process In 5 Easy Steps
Traditional braces use wires and brackets to shift your teeth gradually. In contrast, Invisalign uses removable, clear braces to straighten teeth. The straightening trays are nearly invisible, meaning people won’t notice that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
But what does it take to benefit from Invisalign treatment? In just five steps and some commitment, you will have your dream smile in no time.
- Initial consultation: While Invisalign can correct numerous orthodontic issues, the best way to find out is by booking an appointment with an Invisalign dentist like Dr. Cho. After examining your oral health, we explain the treatment period and answer all your questions.
- Digital scans: Once we approve your eligibility for Invisalign, the next step is to take your bite impressions. Instead of biting a gooey dental mold, we digitally scan your mouth with an intraoral camera. Then, we create models used by a dental lab to create your straightening trays.
- Picking your trays: Once your trays are ready, you will book an appointment to pick them up. Dr. Cho will explain how to use them. Generally, you wear each set for two weeks and move on to the next. This pattern continues until your teeth are perfectly aligned.
- Follow-up appointments: Unlike metal braces, you don’t need regular dental appointments to adjust the wires and brackets. However, from time to time, you need to see your dentist to check the progress of your teeth alignment. If the treatment isn’t going according to plan, we will digitally scan your teeth afresh and give you new dental aligners.
- Straighter teeth: While Invisalign takes up to 18 months, most patients see results after a few months of use. Generally, if you wear your clear aligners as prescribed, treatment is almost 50% faster than traditional braces.
Schedule an Appointment
There you have it—five easy steps to achieve a straighter, beautiful smile without the hassle of conventional braces. Want to see what Invisalign can do for your smile in Aliso Viejo, California? Please dial (949) 541-2529 to book an appointment with Claire Cho, DDS. We also offer traditional braces for severe malocclusion cases.