DENTAL IMPLANTS FOR ADULT TOOTH REPLACEMENT - ALISO VIEJO, CA
Most Adults Have Missing Teeth
Did you know that most adults have lost at least one tooth by the time they reach middle age? Statistics tell us that by the time we reach our 70s, many adults have lost all of their teeth. A dental implant procedure can be very effective for replacing missing teeth and improving your oral health. If you have lost a tooth for any reason, you must seek treatment with Dr. Claire Cho in Aliso Viejo, CA to replace missing teeth as soon as possible.
Dangers of Dental Bridges and Partials
Dental bridges and partial dentures can be effective options for replacing missing teeth but are not without certain complications. Some of the disadvantages of these tooth replacement procedures include:
- Can contribute to jaw bone loss
- May become loose or uncomfortable
- Can increase tooth sensitivity
- May make it difficult to speak and eat clearly
- Can increase the risk of dental issues such as decay
- Can increase the risk of additional tooth loss
Adult Tooth Replacement in Aliso Viejo, CA
If you have lost a tooth or several teeth because of periodontal disease or other oral health issues, consider the benefits of the dental implant procedure over bridges and dentures. When missing teeth are not replaced, you could end up losing bone in the jaw and experience several other oral health problems.
The Domino Effect
Even a single missing tooth can cause several oral health issues because of the domino effect that takes place after a tooth becomes missing. Your teeth are designed to work together and this means that missing one tooth can place stress on surrounding teeth. Over time, the teeth can shift, become loose, or you may end up with a misaligned bite. The domino effect can lead to losing multiple teeth and complications such as:
- Impaired mastication
- You may have to limit your diet to certain foods because it is difficult to chew food properly.
- Bone loss
- The underlying bone can deteriorate and cause changes in the facial structure.
- Bite breakdown
- Placing too much strain on certain areas of the mouth can cause the teeth to wear down or become misaligned.
- Missing teeth can cause the cheeks to take on a ‘sunken’ appearance which can negatively impact your smile.
A dental implant procedure could be the best option for replacing missing adult teeth and restoring your oral health in Aliso Viejo, CA. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Cho today!